IC Imagine’s transportation program uses community-based bus stops to pick-up and drop-off students each day. This program began with one route/stop in November 2022, with the intention to add additional routes/stops as bus drivers are secured and funding is available. As a charter school, IC Imagine does not receive funds designated for transportation like traditional schools.
Current Community Bus Stops:
- Mount Carmel Child Enrichment Center (201 Mount Carmel Road, Asheville);
- Fletcher United Methodist Church (50 Library Road, Fletcher);
- Pole Creek Baptist Church (96 Snow Hill Church Rd, Candler); and
- Oak Hill United Methodist Church (277 Oak Hill Rd, Candler).
Sign up for Remind for your bus route:
- Mount Carmel – https://remind.com/join/4abff7c
- Fletcher UMC – https://remind.com/join/9c2h66c
- Oak Hill/Pole Creek – https://remind.com/join/9f3ecg
PARKING LOCATIONS AT BUS STOPS
PICK UP AND DROP OFF TIMES
- Be on time! Our bus drivers have families too, please be respectful of their time. The bus will not wait for you in the morning and you should be waiting for the bus when it arrives in the afternoon.
APPLY FOR A BUS ROUTE
We continue to accept applications for bus routes; however, there is no guarantee a spot is available as many routes have a wait list. To be considered for ridership, families must complete the following two steps.
- Complete the online Bus Rider Application. Submission of an application does not guarantee placement. We expect each bus to be full with a waitlist. We will communicate with families if they have been assigned or placed on the waitlist, and provide information about how to effectively engage as an assigned or waitlisted family.
- Submit your Bus Rider Agreement to the Front Office. Signed agreements are required to be considered for placement on a bus. Copies are available at the front desk if you are unable to print one at home.
We continue to seek bus drivers, so if you know anyone who has their CDL license and is seeking work, please direct them to apply through our Job Board on NC Teacher Match.
When a new route is ready to begin, we will notify families of the Community Bus Stop’s location. Families will be given the opportunity to apply if they live near that area and would like to use the bus. We will communicate with families if their children have been assigned or placed on the waitlist, and provide information about how to effectively engage as an assigned or waitlisted family.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org