Sophomore, junior, and senior students are extended the privilege of driving to IC Imagine. It is understood that any violation of driving or parking regulations may result in suspension of this privilege and will become part of a student’s discipline record.
Student parking is designated for the upper gravel lot. There are limited student spaces available in the lower lot, which are assigned to seniors based on a lottery process.
In order to obtain a parking permit, families must complete the Student Parking Permit Application and pay the $30 fee on MySchoolBucks. Once complete, the student may visit the Front Office to obtain his/her parking permit.
* Note: Parents are to complete the Parking Permit Application to obtain a student parking permit. A copy of the student’s drivers license and vehicle insurance card will be required to upload, so have them handy before you begin completing this application. Because of this, you also must log in to Google to complete this form.
DRIVING & PARKING REGULATIONS:
- Any vehicle driven to school by an IC Imagine student must be registered with the school and must display the current parking permit on the lower left corner of the REAR windshield (driver side). Students who periodically drive a second vehicle to school do not require an additional permit but must display the permit in the current vehicle and notify the Front Office of the change. Secondary vehicle information must be provided to the school.
- Parking permits are available on a first-come, first-served basis. There are limited spaces in the lower parking lot, which are assigned to seniors based on a lottery process. All other student parking is designated in the upper gravel parking lot. Students are permitted to park only in the space designated by their parking permit.
- Students may be fined $10.00, assigned a detention, have their parking privilege revoked, and be required to move their vehicle if it is parked anywhere except the designated space.
- Vehicles improperly or illegally parked anywhere (e.g., parked on or over a white parking space line, parked more than 18” from the curb, blocking a throughway) may be fined $10.00. Fines must be paid within three (3) school days or the student parking permit will be revoked.
- Students should make every effort to hide from view any valuables left inside their vehicles. The school is not responsible for student vehicles and their contents.
- Student drivers must be licensed and covered by insurance.
- Students are expected to abide by all DMV regulations and driving laws on campus and in the community surrounding the school. Additionally, students are expected to comply with the DMV first-year driving restrictions with regard to transporting other students.
- Students will not speed or drive recklessly coming to or from IC Imagine or an IC Imagine event and while on school grounds.
- Students are not allowed to transport individuals in the back of a pick-up truck or other vehicles with open beds.
- Student vehicles are subject to search by an administrator when there is reasonable suspicion that dangerous, stolen, or illegal goods may be present. A student’s refusal to cooperate with such an examination may be considered sufficient reason to suspend the student, and possibly involve law enforcement.
- Students are not allowed to loiter in or around student vehicles, including before and after school.
- Students are not allowed to go to their vehicles from 8 am – 3 pm without permission from a faculty member.
- Failure to comply with the school’s policies, including but not limited to academic performance, school-related discipline issues, attendance, can result in suspension of driving privileges.
- When violations of these regulations occur, consequences can include the suspension of driving privileges, towing of their vehicle, and/or being placed on disciplinary monitoring.