At IC Imagine, everyone belongs. IC Imagine is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and equity. We foster inclusivity and create an environment where all children, staff and families feel safe and welcome. This means each individual in our community will be treated equitably no matter their race, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, sex, sexual orientation, physical ability, neurological diversity, age, health, spirituality, and socioeconomic status. IC Imagine accepts differences: we celebrate them, we embrace them, we support them, and we learn from them for the benefit of our community.
Statement In Action
To develop a culturally responsive K-12 community, IC Imagine implements school-based actions with age-appropriate content that reflect and embody our entire community.
- In addition to traditional holidays and celebrations, the school also incorporates celebrations that represent diverse and historically marginalized and/or oppressed groups from around the globe.
- When teaching our state-mandated curriculum, our staff will teach about events, historical moments, policies and laws that have negatively impacted historically marginalized and/or oppressed groups.
- When teaching our state-mandated curriculum, our staff will include the perspectives of diverse and historically marginalized and/or oppressed groups from around the globe.
- All learning environments will have an IC Imagine symbol of inclusivity posted.
- Students and faculty are expected to know, uphold, and embody the IC Imagine Peace Compact.