Our new 116,000 square foot facility is now open! The school is located off of McIntosh Road on 110 Champion Way near West Asheville on 47 acres of land. Our outdoor space includes a Cross Country and Mountain Biking Trail. The brand new building includes:
- 73 Kindergarten-Twelfth Grade Classrooms
- 2 Science Laboratories
- 3 Visual Arts Classrooms
- 2 Music Classrooms
- Band Room
- Theatre Room
- Gymnasium with Locker Rooms
- Performing Arts Center
- School-based Health Center
- Warming Kitchen
IC Imagine Facility Ventilation/HVAC System
- Our ventilation/HVAC system is a continuous forced-air system that is designed to meet or exceed EPA standards.
- The building maintains positive pressure at all times.
- There are five rooftop units supplying 85,000 CFM (cubic feet per minute) of air. These units are set to draw in outside air. The range of outside air varies from 15 CFM per person in a classroom to 32 CFM per person in the gymnasium. From the rooftop the air is then passed to 51 variable air boxes that then heat/cool and deliver a specific CFM to meet demand in a particular area.
- The system is also equipped with a bi-polar needlepoint ionization system. This system actively cleans the air by pumping both positive and negative ions into the building. These ions actively clean the air of viruses, bacteria and mold. As an example, within 60 minutes 98.33% of the SARS-CoV-2 are inactive in the air and 99.98% of SARS-CoV-2 are inactive on surfaces.
- In a typical sized classroom of 700 square feet in our building, there are at least three complete air exchanges every hour.
Required Annual AHERA Notification (July 15, 2021):
The US Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) requires all schools to inspect building materials for the presence of asbestos. AHERA excludes schools if they are constructed after October 12th, 1988 and have a statement signed by the architect or project engineer responsible for constructing the school stating that no asbestos containing materials were specified for the construction of the school. Our school has been provided such a statement and is therefore exempt from the requirement to conduct an asbestos inspection.
The EPA requires us to annually notify you that we are aware of the AHERA regulation and that we are in compliance. The management plan is available for your review anytime during normal school hours (8:30 – 3:00). The asbestos program manager, Rob Townley, is available to answer questions you may have about asbestos in our building (828-702-6581).