Important Process Points:
- These guidelines are set in place to give each student the most likely chance to be successful and meet student’s individual needs.
- These guidelines are intended to provide a rigorous math program at all placements.
- Students will be placed in the appropriate math course each year using the placement criteria (see placement criteria).
- Students can move from one program to another each year to fit the student’s needs.
- The parent or guardian may request a higher or lower placement by submitting a waiver by the posted due date. This must be approved by the designated math curriculum committee. This form is available on the math curriculum website.
- At the end of the school year, current EOG/ EOC/ NC Final Exam scores and final course grades will be reviewed to determine if a change in placement is necessary.