For everyone’s safety, between arriving on campus and departing campus, students must stay in the designated arrival and departure areas of the buildings.
During the day, students may not leave campus once they have arrived at school without obtaining permission and a pass from an administrator and then properly signing out through the school office. After school, students may stay for athletics, club meetings, or extra help from a staff member (when arranged in advance). In these cases, students must be with a member of the IC Imagine staff at all times.
GENERAL ARRIVAL AND DISMISSAL PROCEDURES
- Use your turn signal at the entrance to the school
- Keep all gaps between cars closed
- Be fully engaged and refrain from using cell phones
- Always follow staff member directives to ensure everyone’s safety!
- Continue to Pond Road after turning right out of our campus to avoid further congestion. Do not make a U-turn and re-enter traffic on McIntosh Road.
- Remember, pedestrians always have the right of way.
- IC Imagine’s campus is tobacco/vape free. Do not use these substances/items in the car line. Doing so is a violation of North Carolina General Statute 115C-407 and the IC Imagine Drug, Alcohol and Tobacco Policy.
- Staff are outside to assist with opening car doors
- Vehicles must be in the drop off/pick up zone (sidewalk directly in front of the school) before children may exit/enter their cars. Children may ONLY exit the car from the RIGHT (passenger) side.
- The carline is open for you to enter and await drop off when you arrive in the mornings. The cones are moved and the line begin moving by 7:25 am daily (8:45 am on late start Wednesday).
- Lower School students will enter the building through the double doors to the left of the front office. Middle School students will enter the building by walking down the stairs to the left of the main entrance and entering the building through the double doors located off the turf. Upper School students will enter the building through the second set of double doors around the right-hand corner behind the gym.
- Students may not “hang out” in the school parking lot or in their vehicles before or after school.
- Car tags should be visible to staff from a long distance.
- Car tags should be displayed from the time you enter campus until after your child is in your car.
- Adhere to the dismissal windows for your car tag color. Arriving prior to your designated arrival time or forming a line on our campus prior to the car line opening creates a chaotic and unsafe situation for our school. If you arrive early, you will be asked to leave.
- Students not involved in an after-school activity must be picked up from campus by 3:45 p.m. Students not picked up by 3:45 p.m. will be sent to ASCEND and required to pay the applicable fee.