AB Tech Dual Enrollment 2021-2022
Dual enrollment gives students a chance to take classes at other schools at no cost to the student, and many times they are able to earn both high school and college credit for those courses. Some courses are offered online, while others require a student to be able to drive to campus for their classes.
These classes are typically semester-long and the expectation is that you are taking a dual-enrollment course each semester. You can either take dual-enrollment as one of your seven courses for the year or take it as an 8th period course.
21-22 Dual-Enrollment Important Dates
April 1- Schedule for summer/fall should be posted
April 19 – Registration opens for summer/fall
May 21 – Summer session starts (8-10 week session)
August 23 – Fall semester starts
Steps for dual-enrollment at AB Tech:
- In order to qualify for dual enrollment at AB Tech, you must have a 2.8 unweighted GPA and be a rising junior or senior to apply (this is an AB Tech expectation and cannot be overlooked).
- Please check out this video from our AB Tech advisor, Vicki Thompson, about the AB Tech dual enrollment process.
- If you have not previously done dual-enrollment, you will need to complete an application for AB Tech.
- Check out the list of CCP eligible courses
- Sign up for a time to meet with our AB Tech advisor Vicki Thompson. Here is a link to her Calendly: https://calendly.com/vickihthompson/ici-advising
Here is the link to the A-B Tech’s Career & College Promise (CCP) Program.
Chelsea Lafferty, IC Imagine Upper School Counselor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Vicki Thompson, AB Tech CCP Recruiter/Advisor, email@example.com