COVID Testing at School
- Due to the limited number of rapid tests we have available, we will only be able to run tests on individuals that are symptomatic. We cannot run tests for exposures at this time. If the state provides additional supplies we will update you on changes in our testing protocol.
- We will be able to continue our pooled testing program. If you would like to give consent for your child to participate in this program here is the link: https://testcenter.concentricbyginkgo.com/minor-consent (code: ICICONSENT).
- This same consent form will be required for your child to receive a rapid antigen test here at the school if they have symptoms consistent with COVID-19. Your consent will make it easier for IC Imagine to ensure the health and wellbeing of our school community. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to Kara Tebaldi, RN (KaraTebaldi@icimagine.org).
For results from the most recent pooled testing, click here.
Pooled Testing Program
This program is offered in partnership with Concentric by Ginkgo. You can learn more about their program here. It’s a simple program that allows schools to test many students quickly and affordably.
- Parents provide consent for their child to be tested. Students aged 18 and over can provide consent for themselves.
- Students provide a sample by swabbing their own nose with a cotton swab.
- The swabs are pooled together by a specific group (classroom or a sports team) and the entire pool is tested.
- If the results of the pooled PCR test are negative – it is likely everyone in the group is safe to continue with school and activities. If the result is positive, students in the group will be tested individually with a rapid antigen test.
- Pooled testing will generally occur every Monday, with follow up testing (if needed) on Tuesday. Follow up testing will only occur if the result from a pooled test is positive.
Why is it important to conduct screening tests? Screening a larger number of students weekly will help identify cases quickly, even if students are not showing symptoms. This will help us keep students in school safely. It’s truly a win-win situation for everyone.
How to Give Consent for Your Student (under age 18)
If you would like your student to be included in COVID testing, you must provide consent. You can do this online in just a couple minutes! You only need to give consent one time and it will be kept on record.
- Click here to complete the consent process: https://testcenter.concentricbyginkgo.com/minor-consent
- Our school access code is ICICONSENT (you will need this on the 2nd screen)
- If you need to provide consent for more than one student – simply repeat the process for each student enrolled at IC Imagine.
- Need more help? Click here: Instructions for providing consent.pdf
Students Age 18 and Over – Student Consent
Students aged 18 and up may give consent for themselves. It’s a similar easy process – just a different link!
- Click here to complete the consent process: https://testcenter.concentricbyginkgo.com/invite-by-code
- Our school access code is ICICONSENT