IC Imagine’s School-Based Health Center
828-633-6491 ext. 3111
IC Imagine is excited to partner with Blue Ridge Health to provide school-based health services in our school! This is an exciting service for our students and families.
By offering on-site medical care by Physicians, Physician Assistants, and Nurse Practitioners, overseen by our Medical Director, Dr. MaryShell Zaffino, we minimize potential disruptions to your child’s school day and your workday. Our counselors, nurses, and dietitians can, among other things:
- Support and care for acute problems like stomachaches and headaches
- Make sure children’s immunizations are current
- Provide nutritional counseling and weight management guidance
- Work with children who face school, social, and family challenges
These services are available to your child with your signed permission on the “BRCHS School Health Center Student Registration and Permission Form”.
The health center in your child’s school provides a number of services free of charge. However, when medical decision-making and/or a prescription are necessary, we operate like any other doctor’s office and bill health insurance for medical visits. For this reason, we ask you to provide the requested insurance information on the back of the permission form.
If you do not have health insurance, we are happy to help you and your family apply for coverage that best meets your needs. For those without insurance, we offer a sliding fee scale based on income and household size.
To register your child:
- Complete and sign the registration form, providing insurance information (if applicable)
- Return all forms to your child’s teacher or the front office.
Our office is open school days 7:45am – 3:30pm. Please call or stop by with any further questions to meet our staff or tour the health center. We’d love to meet you!
Blue Ridge Health Center Forms in English
Blue Ridge Health Center Forms in Spanish