Arrival and Dismissal: Updated for PLAN A, effective 4.14.21
Updated Arrival and Dismissal Times
Arrival for all students: 7:25-8:00
*Students will be marked Tardy if they are not in class at 8:05
Our arrival line will open at 7:25am and close at 8:00am. All students will be sent directly to class upon arrival. The line will close at 8:00am and all students will be marked tardy if they are not in class by 8:05am.
If you arrive after the arrival lane has completely closed, you must park in a visitor’s spot in the parking lot and call the front office of the school (828-633-6491).
All children must be picked up following the dismissal procedure that applies to your family. You will not be able to walk in to pick up children after their dismissal has already begun.
** Please note: Sign-outs for early pick-ups will end each day at 1:50pm for Lower School Champions (K-5). Sign-outs for early pick-ups will end each day at 2:30pm for Middle and Upper School Champions (6-12th). **
Dismissal lines for Kindergarten Students (blue tags) begin at 2:10// Cars may not enter the line before 2:00
Dismissal lines for K-5 Students (yellow tags) begin at 2:20// Cars may not enter the line before 2:00
Dismissal for any combination of Lower, Middle, and Upper School Students (purple tags) begins at 2:50 // Cars may not enter the line before 2:40
Dismissal for only Middle and Upper School Students (green tags) begins at 2:55//Cars may not enter the line before 2:50
Updated Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
During plan B’s reduced capacity, we have been able to relax a lot of our typical arrival and dismissal expectations. When we return to school from Spring Break, we will be enforcing all of our arrival and dismissal expectations in order to move everyone through the line in a timely and efficient manner. Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation with staff members as we work to enforce the procedures. Please pay close attention to all of the expectations below, including the expectation that all adults in the arrival/dismissal line remain in their vehicles at all times during the pick up and drop off process.
Please complete a home screening each day before arriving at school.
All students should have their temperature taken every day at home before coming to school. Students must stay home if they have:
- tested positive for COVID-19 and have not met the criteria for returning to school
- had close contact with a person with COVID-19 within the past 14 days and have not met the criteria for returning to school
- a temperature of 100.4°F or higher
In addition, students must be free of any symptoms of illness unless the student has a confirmed diagnosis from a healthcare professional attributing the symptoms to something other than COVID-19.
- Sore throat
- New cough
- New shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- New loss of taste or smell
- Diarrhea or vomiting
- New severe headache
Please note the following when you arrive and leave our campus:
- The outgoing left turn lane is utilized for incoming traffic. All traffic must turn right when leaving the ICI campus during arrival.
- Traffic will not be managed by IC Imagine staff on Mcintosh Road. Traffic will turn onto our campus via double turn lanes, and merge on our campus. (It is imperative you utilize turn signals when entering our campus.)
* While in the arrival or dismissal line, please be fully engaged and refrain from using cell phones.
* It is imperative that you always follow staff member directives during arrival and dismissal to ensure everyone’s safety.
* In order to avoid further traffic congestion, please continue to Pond Road after turning right out of our campus. Do not make a U-turn and re-enter traffic on McIntosh Road.
All traffic must enter and exit using the West entrance behind the school building. The East entrance is for emergency vehicles only and the gate will be locked at all times.
Zipper-Merge Zone – Arrival only
All incoming traffic will merge using the two dedicated lanes. IC Imagine staff will direct traffic to merge appropriately.
General Dismissal Guidelines
- Use your turn signal at the entrance to the school.
- Your car tag should be visible to staff from a long distance.
- Your car tag should be displayed from the time you enter campus until after your child is in your car.
- Please keep all gaps between cars closed!
- Our campus is tobacco/vape free. Do not use these substances/items in the car line.
- Please adhere to the dismissal windows for your car tag color. These are below.
- Please do not form a line on our campus prior to car line opening. This creates a chaotic and unsafe situation for our school. If you arrive early, you will be asked to leave.
- Lower School ONLY (Yellow and Blue tags) dismissal ends at 2:50pm. Please be in line prior to 2:50.
- Middle and Upper School students are in class until 2:55pm. Purple and Green tags will not be permitted to enter the line early. This creates a chaotic and unsafe situation for our school. If you arrive early, you will be asked to leave.
- The Middle and Upper School Dismissal line will be closed at 3:15pm. If you arrive after 3:15, please park and walk to the crosswalk to pick up your child.
- The bus parking lot is off limits during dismissal. No one may utilize the bus parking lot to pick up students. It will be ONLY used for bus and van pick ups.
- If you arrive to pick up your child after the dismissal line has closed, you should enter the parking lot, park in a visitor’s space and walk to the crosswalk to pick up your child.