In an effort to protect all children from contagious illness, IC Imagine follows these health care procedures:
In case of illness, we will contact the parent/or designated emergency contact family member to pick up the child from school (within 1½ hours) both to prevent transmission to the other children and to provide comfort for the child. Your child must be kept home for 24 hours (without symptoms) before returning to school. In case of contagious illness (or suspected contagious illness), a doctor’s note will be required prior to your child returning to school. IC Imagine understands that it is difficult for a parent to leave or miss work; therefore, it is suggested that alternative arrangements be made in advance.
The following conditions will result in you being contacted to pick up your child:
- Temporal temperature of 100.4 degrees or more.
- One or more episodes of vomiting during the course of the school day.
- Diarrhea or loose stools, inconsistent with usual bowel movements and not associated with antibiotic use.
- Any suspicious rash.
- Purulent drainage from eyes (Pink eye or other contagious eye infection).
- Colored nasal discharge (if transmission cannot be controlled).
- Any symptoms requiring one-on-one care and/or causing severe discomfort.
- Any symptoms accompanied by open, oozing, bacterial infections and/or severe or bloody diarrhea.
When returning your child to IC Imagine after an illness, please remember:
- A child must be free from symptoms such as fever, vomiting, and diarrhea for a full 24-hour period prior to returning to school. Please do not give your child aspirin or other fever-reducing medications to mask symptoms.
- Any child prescribed an antibiotic must take it for 24 hours before returning to school.
- Any contagious illness (such as measles or chickenpox) requires a doctor’s note, specifying that the child is no longer contagious, prior to returning to school.
A child must be able to participate in ALL activities (including outdoor activities) upon returning to school. Children in Kindergarten through 5th Grade will go outside everyday (weather permitting). If your child is unable to go outdoors, a doctor’s note, including a limit to the time when the child must remain indoors, is required.