At INVEST COLLEGIATE, we Imagine, we Nurture, we Value, we Engage, we Sustain and we Transform as we champion opportunities in leadership and learning, embracing greatness, inspiring achievement within a telescopic environment.
The Leader in Me
IC Imagine will provide a K-12 educational environment grounded in a comprehensive liberal arts program which includes an appreciation and demonstration of the relationship between expectation and excellence. Beginning in Kindergarten, students will develop an understanding of their role in their own education through the curriculum outlined in The Leader in Me by Stephen Covey. The entire school community will utilize this model to develop individual educational ownership and leadership by investing in each individual’s potential for greatness.
Mission Specific Goals
At IC Imagine, all students will:
- Study Spanish in Grades K-12 in year round courses of study.
- Receive instruction in the Fine Arts including Visual Arts, Choral Music, Band, or Theatre.
- Participate in Physical Education and movement in Grades K-12 in year round courses of study.
- Participate in community service.
- Engage in leadership opportunities within the school and greater community.
- Attend two (2) cultural or civic events, from a selection of offerings outlined and approved by school leadership, each academic year beginning in Grade 7.
Core Knowledge and NC Common Core Standards
The K-8 program includes the foundations of Core Knowledge as provided by E. D. Hirsch, Jr.’s theory of cultural intelligence. The entire K-8 community extends the North Carolina Essential Standards and the National Common Core Standards through integration of this course of study within the curriculum, as applicable. Core Knowledge is a sequenced curriculum based on a nationally researched core body of knowledge to provide students the opportunity to meet standards for cultural literacy. IC Imagine subscribes to the belief that as a community, we benefit from a shared body of knowledge which forms a framework for understanding, acceptance, and the expansion of learning. The Core Knowledge Foundation provides a well-defined training program for educators.