Middle School Virtual Learning Protocols
What Can I Expect?
- Daily Protocols (activity and assignment expectations) will be shared with your student by 9am daily. The activities for each of their classes should not exceed 30 minutes per activity. Please note that time on tasks varies from student to student. 30 minutes is our target time which should provide a total of approximately 3.5 hours of schoolwork each day.
- Your Champion will complete a Google form confirming their attendance for each class as part of the daily protocol from the Collegiate Leader. The form link will come to them in their Google Classroom for each class. Please make sure your child is completing the attendance form daily, even if they are working on activities on a different day.
- Each Collegiate Leader has daily virtual office hours where your student can check in if needed. This should be scheduled ahead of time with the teacher. Protocols for scheduling this time will be shared in the Google Classroom. Middle School Office hours are primarily between 9:00 – 11:00 am, and/or during extended times at the discretion of your child’s teacher.
- Office hours will be held via phone, email, or Zoom video conferencing. Please make sure your Champion is abiding by the Zoom guidelines linked here.
- Office hours are for students only. If parents would like to schedule a conference with a teacher, please email the teacher.
- Collegiate Leaders will continue with constant communication with students. We will continue with our weekly Newsletters and answer emails with questions or concerns. Below is a list of who to contact for specific needs:
- All assignments for the week are due Sunday evening to allow flexibility in family schedules and routines. We know that schedules are disrupted and different during times of school closure. Due to this, we will be providing asynchronous learning. Asynchronous learning means that everyone engages in the instruction at their own pace. Your student might be able to engage each day in the morning, the afternoon or evening– or at a different time each day. Whatever time they are able to engage is fine!
Check out our Middle School At Home Learning Guide for helpful tips during this school closure!