To support the establishment and consistency of an effective learning community all students at IC Imagine will adhere to the following Dress Code policy. The Upper School dress code was developed as a privilege for our older students that will allow them the ability, as is developmentally appropriate, to express themselves as they begin to more fully examine their personal values and ideals. Adolescents see clothing choices as a means of identification, and seeking an identity is one of the critical stages of adolescence.
Our Lower and Middle School students adhere to our uniform policy as is listed below. We believe that this policy is helpful for younger students to maintain focus on their educational responsibilities, promote school community, and make getting ready for school each morning easier for families.
The IC Imagine Dress Code Policy is designed to provide students with the safest and most orderly learning environment possible. This policy is in effect every school day, including any off-campus trips. Advanced notice will be publicized for any events which a specific uniform is required for or events that do not require a uniform.
Assistance for Families
IC Imagine is sensitive to the needs of families in meeting the uniform requirements. The parent or guardian of a student may contact one of the school counselors regarding requirements for financial assistance for uniforms.
Uniform Expectations K-8
1 Collared Shirt (White, Navy, Black or Gray)
1 Pair of Khaki, Black or Navy uniform style pants, shorts, bermuda shorts, skorts, skirts or jumpers
*Closed toe shoes
Please note the following:
* Approved outerwear in the classroom includes: fleece jackets, hoodies (without large logos), sweaters, cardigans in the uniform colors of: black, gray, navy, or white with IC Imagine logo or no logo. * The only outerwear with large logos permitted in classrooms is that with the IC Imagine logo.
* The navy shirt color is as shown on the Land’s End school site. Royal blue is not the uniform color.
* The above items are required for all students. Families may purchase additional uniform items as shown on the Land’s End site including shorts, skorts, approved outerwear, jumpers, sweaters, shirts, etc., although items do not have to be purchased through Land’s End. All APPROVED uniforms are displayed on the IC Imagine Land’s End site.
* Lunch boxes and backpacks may be any color but cannot contain any vulgarity or advertisements for tobacco, alcohol or drugs.
* The IC Imagine logo may not be reproduced in any manner without the written consent of IC Imagine Incorporated. At this time only one vendor, other than IC Imagine, has permission to reproduce the logo. Land’s End is the only vendor with permission to reproduce the logo for IC Imagine. Individuals, organizations, and businesses do not have permission to reproduce the logo. Thank you for your cooperation in adhering to this policy.
- No large logo other than the IC Imagine logo may be worn.
- No cargo style pants or shorts are permitted.
- All uniform bottoms or dresses must reach the tip of the finger or longer when arms are at the sides.
- All uniform button-up uniform shirts may only have two buttons open at any given time.
- All clothing must fit appropriately and be free of holes (e.g. no tight or baggy clothing).
- Shoes must be closed toe. No shoes with wheels are to be worn at any time.
- Sunglasses may not be worn inside the building or classrooms.
- Due to potential allergic reactions please limit the use of perfumes or colognes.
- All hats/caps/head coverings must be removed before entering the building.
- No bandanas are permitted.
- Non-Uniform Attire School Days are designated by School Leadership and should be followed as described in each situation.
- Undergarments should not be visible.
- Leggings may be worn under uniform bottoms. Leggings may not be worn in place of uniform bottoms.
Protection of Religious Expression
Students may display religious messages or artifacts (such as necklaces, bracelets, earrings, rings), but not on clothing. If wearing particular attire during the school day is part of a student’s usual religious practice, under the Religious Freedom Restoration Act, the school will not prohibit the wearing of such items. Parents must discuss any potential situations with the appropriate Principal.
Students who choose not to comply with the Uniform Policy will be asked to remain in the school office until a parent/guardian is contacted to bring them a change of clothing. Students will be responsible for any work missed while waiting on correct uniform attire to be brought to school. Parents are asked to be in concert with and enable faithful adherence to the dress code policy.
* Please note that any non-uniform hoodies etc are not permitted inside the school building and may be confiscated by administration for the duration of the school day.
Dress Code Expectations 9-12
Student’s attire (clothing/footwear and accessories):
- Must not contain offensive messages or be considered derogatory or otherwise disrespectful
- Must not advertise, advocate, or depict alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, or any controlled substances
- Must not depict nudity, pornograpy, or sexual acts
- Must not use or depict hate speech targeting groups based on race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious affiliation or any other protected groups
- Must not threaten the health or safety of any other student or staff
If the administration, in its discretion, determines a student’s dress or appearance materially disrupts or interferes with the IC Imagine Upper School learning environment, the educational mission of IC Imagine, or threatens the health or safety of students or staff, the student will be required to modify his or her dress in accordance with this policy.