COVID Protocols and Reporting
The following must be reported to the school as soon as you are aware. Please do not send your child to school if any of the following apply to you. Fill out the COVID reporting form and the school will be in touch with more information for your family.
- Your child has had a confirmed close contact (within 6 feet for more than 15 minutes) of a confirmed positive COVID-19 case.
- Your child has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Someone in your household has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Your child has or recently had COVID-19 symptoms:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
What happens next? A school official will be in touch to discuss your scenario and provide you with the information you need to get your child cleared and back to school. Please do not send your child to school or to participate in after school activities until you are cleared by a school official to return.
Strong Schools Toolkit
We are committed to implementing the protocols set forth in the Strong Schools NC Public Health Toolkit. Please review this document for details about these protocols.
Close Contact Definition
Close contacts are identified as individuals who have been within six feet for more than 15 minutes without masks on for student to student contact, or within six feet for more than 15 minutes regardless of masking for adult to student or adult to adult contact. A fully vaccinated individual is not considered a close contact and is not required to quarantine. We will communicate with all close contacts regarding the protocols that apply as outlined in the NC Public Health Toolkit.
Reasons you might be quarantined
- COVID Symptoms-If your child has COVID symptoms for 10 days or until cleared by a medical professional with a negative COVID test or an alternative diagnosis. At home tests will not clear your child.
- Confirmed Close Contact with a positive COVID case-If your child is in close contact with a positive COVID case and they are not experiencing symptoms, they will have to quarantine for 10 days. The quarantine can be shortened to 7 days if on the 5th day or after they receive a negative COVID test result conducted by a medical professional. If your child is in close contact and develops symptoms, they will have to complete a 14 day quarantine from the date of contact.
- Positive for COVID-If your child tests positive for COVID they must complete a 10 day quarantine.
Community Covid Testing Resources (updated 9.9.21)
- Fast Med -Spartanburg HWY 828-233-1664
- Rapid PCR: $249
- Rapid Antibody: $59
- Advent Health Urgent Care
- Rapid Antigen: $179
- PCR: $199.25
- Pardee Urgent Care- All 4 Locations
- 4-in-1 (COVID, Flu A/B, RSV): Free
- Encouraged to go online to schedule appointment
- Self-pay: $130 (incl. Minute Clinic Visit)
- No Insurance: Free (Must have valid SS#)
- Whitley Drugs
- Antibody: $40 (15min)
- Antigen: $60 (10min)
- PCR (Saliva): $150 (48 hrs)
- Polk County Health Department (Tuesdays Only)
- Free Testing
- Community Lab- Asheville
- Free PCR Test (24 hr results)
- Register Online
- 2 Trident Dr, Arden, NC 28704
- Henderson County HD
- Will begin testing at the side door (Admin/EH)
- Only offering LabCorp Tests- NO RAPIDS
- Testing will be free for uninsured or LabCorp will file insurance for those who have it
- Visit the Covid Testing Site Finder from NDDHHS to find more testing sites: https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/about-covid-19/testing/find-my-testing-place/test-site-finder