Students and staff with any of the following symptoms of COVID-19 should stay home until they are tested. If symptoms develop at school, a test can be administered by the school nurse, at no charge to you, as long as parental consent is given.
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Positive cases of COVID-19 must be reported to the school as soon as you are aware. Fill out the COVID reporting form and the school will be in touch with more information for your family. Please do not send your student to school if they have a positive test until you hear from a school official by phone or email. This form is for parents/guardians only. Use this form ONLY if your child is positive for COVID-19.
If a positive test result is received the individual should be excluded from school for 5 days from the onset of symptoms, or the day they were tested if no symptoms are present. Individuals may return on day 6 if symptoms are improved and it has been at least 24 hours since they had a fever (without the use of fever-reducing medication), but should wear a mask around others until day 10.
If any symptoms of COVID-19 are present and the individual has received a negative test or has visited a healthcare provider and received an alternate diagnosis that would explain the symptoms, they may return when it has been at least 24 hours since since they had a fever (without the use of fever-reducing medications) AND they have felt well for at least 24 hours.
IC Imagine Facility Ventilation/HVAC System
- Our ventilation/HVAC system is a continuous forced-air system that is designed to meet or exceed EPA standards.
- The building maintains positive pressure at all times.
- There are five rooftop units supplying 85,000 CFM (cubic feet per minute) of air. These units are set to draw in outside air. The range of outside air varies from 15 CFM per person in a classroom to 32 CFM per person in the gymnasium. From the rooftop the air is then passed to 51 variable air boxes that then heat/cool and deliver a specific CFM to meet demand in a particular area.
- The system is also equipped with a bi-polar needlepoint ionization system. This system actively cleans the air by pumping both positive and negative ions into the building. These ions actively clean the air of viruses, bacteria and mold. As an example, within 60 minutes 98.33% of the SARS-CoV-2 are inactive in the air and 99.98% of SARS-CoV-2 are inactive on surfaces.
- In a typical sized classroom of 700 square feet in our building, there are at least three complete air exchanges every hour.