Map of Arrival/Dismissal Details
McIntosh Road Campus Arrival and Dismissal (6-12)
When traveling to and from the McIntosh Road campus, please always approach and depart McIntosh Road via Pond Road.
The right hand turn on to McIntosh Road is easiest when approached from Brevard Road. This will keep traffic flowing smoothly and allow everyone to enter/ exit as efficiently as possible.
Arrival (7:25 – 7:55)
All cars will use the same procedure for arrival. The arrival line will open at 7:25 each morning.
For arrival, you will enter the loop by turning left off of McIntosh Road. Students may exit the car ONLY when you are in the loading/ unloading area. Collegiate Leaders will be outside to assist with drop-off. You will need to merge down to one lane (following the posted sign) prior to entering the loading zone. Please do NOT allow students to exit the car prior to merging to one lane and entering the loading zone.
At 7:55, the arrival line will close. At 8:00, school will begin and your Champion will be marked tardy after that time. Please make sure that your students have time to actually make it to their classroom at 8:00. If they are getting out of your car at 8:00, your student will be tardy to class.You will need to sign them in at the front desk in the administration building. This applies to ALL Champions (6-12). Upper School Champions in grades 9-12 will receive silent lunch upon their fourth tardy to school.
Dismissal (3:10 – 3:30)
All children must be picked up following the dismissal procedure. Do not walk in to pick up children after 2:45. Sign-outs for excused early pick-ups will end each day at 2:45 for all Champions (6-12).
Dismissal for all Champions (6-12) begins at 3:05 and the line will close at 3:40. If you arrive to pick up your student after 3:40, please park in a visitor parking space and go to the front office.
For dismissal, you will turn left into the loop from McIntosh Road. You will not be able to enter the loop until 3:00. If you arrive earlier than 3:00, you will be re-routed and directed back to Pond Road. Cars will not be permitted to wait on McIntosh Rd. for the line to open.
When you enter the carline, your pink car tag must be visible. You will divide into two lanes after entering the line and will then merge back down to one lane (following the posted sign) prior to entering the loading zone.
General Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
- Entry and Exit will NOT be permitted at the East Driveway.
- All cars will enter and exit through the West Driveway. This means that cars approaching from the East and West will need to turn into one lane from McIntosh Road in a single file pattern. Cars making a right turn will have the right of way according to North Carolina traffic laws.
- Cars will be allowed to double stack in both lanes after passing the exit lane at the West Driveway.
- Cars will remain in double lanes until the merge lane near the end of the driveway.
- The loading area will now be in the parking lot in the front of the school.
- Student Drivers will be allowed to pull out before the first dismissal load exits the parking lot.
- Once cars are loaded, vehicles will exit via the West Driveway in the right lane.
- You are expected to follow all directives given to you by staff directing traffic.
* While in the arrival or dismissal line, please be fully engaged and refrain from using cell phones.
*Please do not block the exit at our West Driveway prior to 3:00 as there is now only one entry lane.
* In all dismissal lines, please be respectful of other vehicles and follow the directions of all school personnel and police officers.
* For all dismissal lines, please only arrive at or after the opening time of your line. We cannot allow early entry into any dismissal lines as it causes traffic to backup and negatively impacts the businesses and neighborhoods around the IC Imagine campuses. We request that you never sit and wait on Ridgefield Boulevard (Brevard Road Campus) or McIntosh Road (McIntosh Road Campus).
* Please keep in mind, if everyone arrives at the same time to pick up their children, the dismissal process will take longer. In order to allow for a smoother dismissal, you may wish to enter the line later than it opens if your family’s schedule allows. The dismissal lines open at the times listed below, but all lines close at 3:40pm.
Carpools and Alternative Pick-Ups (Including After School Program vans and pick-ups)
For each Carpool a Champion will participate in, a Carpool Permission Form must be completed and submitted. This form must be completed for all after school program vans and pick-ups as well.
Please complete a separate form for each carpool per campus. ** For example, if you have a carpool that includes K-5 and 6-12 students and you will be picking up from both campuses, please complete a form for the Brevard Road Campus (K-5) and a form for the McIntosh Road Campus (6-12). **